Trial by Fire Red Mica Powder for Soap!
- It is premixed and easy to use.
- It is a really bright red in cold process soaps.
- It makes real red with 2 tl. per approximately 500 gr of oils.
- It will not migrate into other colors.
Don’t be fooled by the color of this mica in the jar. In the jar, it looks dark pink. This is due to a unique blending process we used to make this red. Add a little to soap or oil and watch it turn bright red. It is magical!
You won’t find a better red than this anywhere. This was mixed in a special mixing machine.
Instructions for use:
- Use in cold and hot soaps: 1.5 – 2 teaspoons per approximately 500 gr of oil.
- Use in melting and pouring soaps: 0.5 teaspoon per approximately 500 grams of base.
More or less can be added to obtain the desired color. These use amounts are recommended for no colored foam.
It is very important to start with a white base. In soapy oils that are yellow or green they will affect the color. Do not add titanium dioxide to whiten the base, as this will make the red more pastel.
Trial by Fire is a mica-based pigment. It must be mixed well into your soap for best results.
When using 2 tablespoons per 500 gr of oil in CP soap, the red can transfer to a washcloth. It can be easily rinsed off the cloth, though. You can test a small amount for stains if you are worried that this color will stain washcloths.
**ONLY FOR SOAP USE**