Wild peppermint essential oil (peppermint arvensis) is extracted from the Mentha arvensis plant, a species of peppermint that grows wild in many regions of the world. It has a similar aroma and the same therapeutic properties as peppermint essential oil, but with a slightly milder and sweeter scent. In addition, wild mint essential oil is more commercially interesting than its counterpart “Peppermint (Piperita).” However, wild peppermint is less commonly used in aromatherapy compared to peppermint oil.
Usage of wild mint essential oil
Wild peppermint essential oil can be used in aromatherapy to help relieve stress, anxiety and depression. It has a refreshing scent that helps clear the mind and promote mental clarity.
Wild peppermint essential oil can be added to a carrier oil such as coconut oil, almond oil, or jojoba oil, and used for massage. It has a cooling effect on the skin and can help relieve muscle pain, stiffness and tension.
- Relief from pain
Wild peppermint essential oil has analgesic properties that make it effective for pain relief. It can be used topically by mixing a few drops with a carrier oil and applying it to the affected area. It is especially effective for headaches, migraines and menstrual cramps.
- Respiratory health
Wild peppermint essential oil is effective in promoting respiratory health. It can be used in a steam inhalation to relieve congestion and promote easy breathing. Simply add a few drops of the oil to hot water, cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam for a few minutes.
- Digestive health
Wild peppermint essential oil can help improve digestion by promoting the secretion of digestive juices and enzymes. It is effective in relieving digestive problems such as indigestion, bloating and gas.
Wild peppermint essential oil has antiseptic properties that make it effective in treating skin infections, acne and other skin conditions. It can be added to a carrier oil or added to a bath for a refreshing and invigorating experience.
- Oral Hygiene
Wild peppermint essential oil is effective in promoting oral health. It can be added to a mouthwash, toothpaste or gargle to freshen breath, relieve toothache and treat gum disease.
The benefits of wild mint essential oil
- Pain relief: Wild peppermint essential oil has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. The oil is often used to relieve headaches, muscle pain and joint pain.
- Digestive health: Wild peppermint essential oil can help improve digestion by stimulating the production of digestive enzymes and reducing inflammation in the intestines. It can also help relieve digestive problems such as bloating, gas and indigestion.
- Respiratory health: Wild peppermint essential oil can help relieve respiratory problems such as coughs, colds and congestion. Its expectorant properties can help loosen mucus and phlegm in the airways.
- Skin care: Wild peppermint essential oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help improve skin health. It can help relieve skin irritation, reduce redness, and promote healing of wounds.
- Mental clarity: Wild peppermint essential oil has a refreshing and invigorating aroma that can help improve mental clarity and alertness. It can also help relieve stress and anxiety, and promote relaxation and sleep.
There are no reviews yet.