Sun protective lip balm, also known as moisturizing lip balm, is a specialized lip care product designed to protect against the harmful effects of the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. While many people are familiar with sunscreen lotions and sprays for the body, the delicate skin of the lips is often overlooked when it comes to sun protection.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 15 ml jojoba oil
- 15 ml of wheat germ oil
- 30 ml grated beeswax
- 20 ml of carnauba wax
- 5 ml of shea butter
- 6 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- 3 drops of carrot seed oil
- 6 tubes of lip balm
- Small saucepan
- Measure all ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Once the ingredients are all melted together, turn off the heat and add the essential oils. Stir well with a small spatula.
- When everything is mixed well pour the lip balm into the tubes. Fill each tube to just above where the center screw is.
- Allow the lip balm to cool and then warm the remaining mixture, topping up each of the tubes.
Filling the lip balm tubes in two steps ensures that you don’t get a large pressed area with a hole in the middle of the lip balm. If this does happen, you can always pour a little more lip balm on the top of the pressed-in area.
There are no reviews yet.