Beeswax tea light wicks are an essential part of making craft candles with beeswax. Beeswax, produced by honeybees, is known for its natural and sustainable properties, and it is often used for candles because of its pleasant fragrance and the fact that it does not give off harmful chemicals while burning. Fuses are a crucial part of candle production because they ensure efficient and stable combustion.
These high-quality wicks for beeswax candles are made of 100% pure cotton. Ideal for making candles up to and including a diameter of 40 mm.
This round wick has undergone special treatment for use in beeswax.
No chemicals are used. No metal core – Pb-free (lead-free), nylon-free.
The wicks are not bleached or treated with substances such as chlorine.
A 30 mm metal support base can be ordered separately.
What wick type do you need?
Whether you use a mold or a container, you need to measure the diameter of your candle. As an example, if your candle is 20 mm in diameter wide, you will need a CERVINO 33 BK. If your candle is 30 mm wide, you can choose between CERVINO 42 BK or CERVINO 45 BK.
Reference type wick/candle diameter (mm) for beeswax candles:
– CERVINO 33 BK: 18 – 22 mm
– CERVINO 39 BK: 22 – 27 mm
– CERVINO 42 BK: 27 – 30 mm
– CERVINO 45 BK: 30 – 33 mm
– CERVINO 48 BK: 33 – 35 mm
– CERVINO 54 BK: 35 – 40 mm
This reference is based on sample tests conducted in our laboratory with pure beeswax without dyes and fragrance oils. It is recommended that you conduct your own tests to find the best wick to suit your personal needs.
This size chart is a rough guideline – different waxes, scents and colors all affect the moisture transport of the candle. Trial and error is the only way to guarantee correct wicking.
Benefits of beeswax tea light wicks
Here are some important points about beeswax tea light wicks:
- Material and durability: The wicks for beeswax tea lights are made of cotton. This natural material is suitable for beeswax candles because they do not emit harmful substances when burned. Moreover, they are durable and can withstand the heat of beeswax well.
- Size and thickness: Wick size and thickness may vary, depending on the type of candle desired. Tealight wicks are usually thinner than wicks for larger candles because they are designed for smaller flames. The right choice of wick size is important to ensure that the candle burns evenly.
- Preventing tunneling: Tunneling is a common problem with beeswax tea lights if the wick is not placed correctly. This happens when the candle melts only along the edges and leaves a tunnel in the middle. A good wick ensures even burning of the beeswax, preventing tunneling.
- Role of the wick in scent delivery: Beeswax is known for its natural honey-like scent, and the wick plays a role in spreading this scent. While burning, the wick pulls up and evaporates the melted beeswax, releasing the wonderful fragrance.
- Environmental friendliness: The use of beeswax and natural wicks contributes to the environmental friendliness of candle production. Beeswax is biodegradable and sustainable, while natural wicks do not emit harmful chemicals, unlike some synthetic alternatives.
Beeswax tea light wicks are indispensable for making high-quality, eco-friendly candles with a pleasant fragrance and even burning. They combine the natural properties of beeswax with the efficiency of well-designed wicks.