What is goat milk extract powder?
Goat milk extract powder is a dry powder made from the dehydrated milk of goats. The milk is first pasteurized to remove any harmful bacteria and then dried through a process that removes the moisture, leaving a concentrated powder. The powder is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that provide many benefits to the skin.
Use of goat milk extract powder in cosmetics
- Determine the right amount: The recommended amount for goat milk extract varies depending on the product and the desired effect. The average amount of goat milk extraxt for cosmetics is usually between 1% and 5% of the total weight.
- Process the powder: Goat milk extract can be added to a wide range of cosmetic formulas, including lotions, creams, soaps and bath products. The powder can be easily incorporated into formulas by adding it to the water phase and mixing well.
- Heat the formulation if necessary: If the formulation must be heated, as in the case of lotion or cream, it is important to add the goat’s milk extract after heating and cooling the formulation to avoid denaturing the protein.
- Stir well: Once the goat milk extract is added to the formulation, it should be stirred well to ensure even distribution.
- Test and adjust: Too much goat milk extract can make a product feel sticky or leave a residue, while too little may not provide the desired benefits. It is important to test the product and adjust the application rate as necessary to achieve the desired effect.
Use of goat milk extract powder in soap
Goat’s milk extract is a popular ingredient in soap making because of its moisturizing and nourishing properties.
- Determine the amount of goat’s milk extract needed based on the size of the soap batch. The recommended use is usually 1-2% of the total weight of the batch of soap. For example, if you make a 1kg batch of soap, use 0.01 to 0.02 gr goat’s milk extract.
- Add the goat milk extract to a small amount of water, milk or other liquid. It is important to mix well so that the powder is evenly distributed.
- Add the mix to the melted oils during soap making.
- Continue making the soap as usual.
Goat’s milk extract can add a creamy color to soap, and it can slightly affect the soap’s lather.
Benefits of goat milk extract powder
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids
- Contains alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), known for their exfoliating and moisturizing properties
- Nourishes and moisturizes the skin
- Works anti-inflammatory
- Acts as an anti-aging agent
- Rich in antioxidants, which help protect the skin from free radicals
- Calming effect on the skin
- Contains lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate and brighten the skin
- Reduces inflammation and redness
- Soft and non-irritating
There are no reviews yet.