What is magnesium hydroxide powder?
Cosmetic grade magnesium hydroxide powder is a white and odorless powder often used in the cosmetic industry. It is a natural mineral extracted from brine, seawater or underground deposits. In cosmetics, magnesium hydroxide powder is used as a natural alternative to aluminum-based antiperspirants and deodorants. It absorbs moisture and neutralizes odor-causing bacteria on the skin, keeping you feeling fresh and dry.
Magnesium hydroxide powder is also used in a range of other cosmetic products, including powders, creams, lotions and soaps.
Use of magnesium hydroxide in cosmetics
Magnesium hydroxide powder is a versatile ingredient often used in cosmetic formulas because of its ability to absorb excess oil and moisture, and its emollient properties.
By incorporating Magnesium Hydroxide into products, such as deodorant, foundation or eye shadow, you prevent your product from clumping. Your product retains its fine texture making it easy and gaal to apply to the skin.
- Determine the appropriate frequency of use: The recommended amount for magnesium hydroxide powder varies depending on the product and the desired effect, but is usually between 1% and 10%.
- Process the powder: Magnesium hydroxide powder can be added to a wide range of cosmetic formulations, including deodorants, powders, creams and lotions. The powder can be easily incorporated into formulas by adding it to the oil phase and mixing well.
- Adjust the pH if necessary: Magnesium hydroxide powder has a pH of about 10, which may be too high for some formulas. In this case, it may be necessary to adjust the pH of the formulation with an acid such as citric acid.
- Stir well: Once the magnesium hydroxide powder is added to the formulation, it should be stirred well for even distribution.
- Testing and adjusting: Too much magnesium hydroxide powder can make a product feel chalky or leave a residue, while too little may not provide the desired benefits. It is important to test the product and adjust the dosage of use as necessary to achieve the desired effect.
Make your own deodorant DIY
Magnesium Hydroxide neutralizes body odors and in combination with ingredients such as Arrowroot Powder, Shea Butter and Coconut Oil, you can make your own deodorant.
Use of magnesium hydroxide in soap
Magnesium hydroxide can affect the pH of the soap, so it is important to test the pH after you add it to the mash and adjust if necessary. In addition, the powder can affect the color of the soap, so it is advisable to do a small test batch before incorporating it into larger batches.
Benefits of magnesium hydroxide in cosmetics
- Magnesium Hydroxide is a completely natural product
- Natural antiseptic properties that help fight bacteria and prevent skin irritations
- Natural exfoliator that helps remove dead skin cells and promotes healthy cell renewal
- Provides a soft and smooth texture
- Improves the spreadability of the formulation
- Calming effect on the skin
- Suitable for sensitive or irritated skin
- Ideal for face masks, body scrubs and lotions
There are no reviews yet.