Fresh lemons and limes are not only great ingredients for all those delicious summer recipes, but can also be used for these delicious-smelling citrus candles.
- container of candle wax
- 5 ml citrus and sage fragrance oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Bowl for the microwave
- Metal spoon
- Cut each fruit in half crosswise. Cut a thin slice off the bottom half of the fruit so the candle will stay flat on the table when you are done.
- Scoop out the center of the sliced fruit using a spoon to make a bowl.
- Place the wick in the center of the bowl.
- Put the white beeswax in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat gently intermittently until the wax is completely melted.
- Add a few drops of the fragrance oil for a delicious citrus scent. Gently stir the fragrance oil into the wax so that it is evenly dispersed.
- Pour the melted wax into the citrus dishes with the wick vertically in the center. Hold the wick in place for about 30 seconds while the wax cures. Let them cool and harden completely.
- To keep candles fresher longer, you can place them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator between uses.