The organic thyme essential oil is extracted from the leaves of a shrub called thyme through a process called steam distillation and is known for its strong and spicy aroma. Most people know thyme as a seasoning used to enhance the taste of various foods. However, thyme oil is packed with nutritional benefits that can be used to make your skin healthy.
Used in aromatherapy because it keeps the atmosphere pleasant and germ-free when diffused. Since it is a highly concentrated oil, you should combine it with a carrier oil before massaging it on your skin. Except for skin care, you can also use Thyme Essential Oil for hair growth and other hair care. Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of thyme essential oil can be used to treat skin infections.
Organic Thyme Essential Oil is also used to relieve certain breathing problems and conditions. You can add it to your cosmetic and hair care applications to incorporate nutritional elements. As a result, it turns out to be a multifunctional essential oil.
Benefits of Thyme Essential Oil
- Cleaning – It has a cleansing effect on your skin. Hence, it can be applied to remove oil, dirt, dust and other impurities from your skin pores.
- Deodorizing – The deodorizing properties of this oil can be used to reduce the foul odor of your rooms or cars. Pour a few drops of this oil onto a cotton pad or ball, leave it aside and automatically mix with the air molecules to replace the bad odor with a fresh scent.
- Making DIY products – Thyme oil proves to be an important ingredient if you want to make natural DIY perfumes, deodorants, bath oils, etc. You can also make scented candles and incense sticks.
- Gets absorbed quickly – Due to the thin consistency of this oil, it is immediately absorbed into your skin cells. In addition, it also improves your skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- Making beauty products – Beauty care products such as face masks, facial scrubs, etc., can be easily made with thyme essential oil. You can also add it directly to your lotions and facial scrubs to enhance their cleansing and nourishing properties.
- Treats acne – Killing the bacteria that cause acne and blemishes prevents their formation. It also removes black spots and the scars left by acne.
- Rejuvenating – The rejuvenating properties of this oil can be used to treat skin and scalp problems. It makes your skin soft, silky and smooth as before.
- Antimicrobial – The antimicrobial properties of thyme oil can be used to extend the shelf life of your skincare and cosmetic products. It also improves the effectiveness of these products.
- Spicy aroma – The spicy and dark scent of thyme essential oil is also used in perfume making. In perfumery it is usually used as a middle note.
Use of thyme essential oil
- Insect repellent properties – It is an effective insect repellent, especially when it comes to repelling mosquitoes. You can apply a mixture of thyme and coconut oil on your body to keep insects away from you.
- For faster wound healing – Thyme essential oil prevents further spread and prevents the wounds from becoming septic. Its anti-inflammatory properties also soothe inflammation or pain.
- Prevent hair loss Hair loss can be prevented by regularly massaging your hair and scalp with a combination of thyme essential oil and a suitable carrier oil. It not only makes hair follicles stronger, but also stimulates the growth of new hair.
- For soothing fungal infection – The yeasts that irritate sensitive body parts such as armpits can be eliminated with the help of thyme oil for its powerful anti-fungal properties.
- Treat infections Since thyme oil is antibacterial, the infections caused by bacteria can be treated. That is why it is used as an ingredient in many ointments and balms.
- Energize the mind – If you are feeling lethargic or moody, you can refresh your mind by diffusing this oil. It also promotes mental peace and alertness when diffused or inhaled.
- Antispasmodic – The antispasmodic properties of this oil reduce the symptoms of cold and cough. It can also be used to cure respiratory problems to some degree.
- Anti-inflammatory – Thyme oil has anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, you can apply it on the areas affected by infection or irritation to soothe them.
- Skin-friendly – it is skin-friendly because it contains no additives. It is also free from artificial colors and synthetic fragrances.
Frequently asked questions about Organic Thyme essential oil
What is the INCI of Organic Thyme Essential Oil?