Made from the petals of rose flowers, the Rose Essential Oil is one of the most popular essential oils, especially when it comes to its use in cosmetics. Rose oil has been used for cosmetic and skin care purposes since ancient times. The deep and enriching floral scent of this essential rose smells just like a fresh rose flower and will fill your rooms with an enchanting and refreshing aroma. Because of this, this essential oil is widely used for making perfumes made from natural ingredients and Aromatherapy .
No chemicals or fillers are added to Rose essential oil. As a result it is natural and pure . You can dilute it with carrier oils such as almond, jojoba or avocado oil to dilute it as it contains highly concentrated rose petal extracts. Pure Rose essential oil deeply hydrates and nourishes your skin. You can also add it to your regular creams and moisturizers.
Rose essential oil also helps people who have sleep problems at night. The stress relieving fragrance this oil can prove to be an excellent option to start your day off right. You can even apply it as a perfume after you have diluted it. For a detailed understanding of its features, applications and benefits, please refer to the sections below.
Use of rose essential oil
- Natural Cleanser – organic rose essential oil has deep cleansing properties. Its ability to get deep into your skin’s pores to remove dirt, dust, oil, and other impurities makes it an ideal ingredient in DIY facial and body cleansers.
- Antibacterial – Rose oil’s antibacterial properties are powerful enough to eliminate harmful bacteria that can attack your skin. It is also used to disinfect various parts of the body without being too harsh on the skin.
- For lightening the skin – The soothing properties of rose essential oil not only moisturize your skin, but also make it soft and smooth. With regular use, you will also see a noticeable glow on your face.
- Aphrodisiac – Pure Rose Essential Oil is one of the best aphrodisiacs that can stimulate passion and sex drive when diffused. Hence, you can use it to seduce your partner romantically.
- Antidepressant – Rose oil also acts as a natural antidepressant when used through aromatherapy. However, the effects can be slower than with conventional treatments, which is why you need to have a little patience to get noticeable results.
- Rejuvenating – The rejuvenating effects of this essential oil allow you to make homemade bath oils. You can pour a few drops of this oil directly into a bath of warm water to experience its rejuvenating effects on the mind and body.
- Minimize wrinkles – Some studies prove that natural rose essential oil is quite effective on wrinkles. You can add a few drops of this oil to your lotions and creams to minimize the formation of wrinkles on your face.
- Relaxing muscles – If your body feels tense after a hectic day or a hard training session, you can massage it with this oil. However, don’t forget to dilute it with a suitable carrier oil first.
- Foot pain – If your foot hurts, you can soak it in a small container filled with warm water. Adding a few drops of this essential oil will relieve the pain in your feet much faster.
Benefits of Rose Essential Oil
- Make cosmetics last longer – The anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties of rose oil make your cosmetic products last longer. Hence, you can use it as a natural preservative for your skin care and cosmetic applications.
- Aroma enhancement – If you are interested in making DIY perfumes, bath oils, scented candles, soaps or other products then you can use this essential oil. The fresh floral scent of this oil ensures that your products smell exotic.
- Soothing skin irritation – If your skin is dry and irritated, you can massage it with a diluted form of rose essential oil. Its anti-inflammatory properties instantly soothe skin irritation to provide you much-needed relief.
- Improves sleep quality – Natural rose essential oil not only relieves your stress but also improves your sleep quality. For this you can directly inhale or spread this essential oil.
- Relieve headaches – This essential oil has been shown to be effective against headaches and migraines. This is due to its relaxing effect on your mind.
- Reduces blemishes – If your face has scars or pimples, you can use this essential oil to reduce them. Regular application of this oil can fade scars marks and blemishes completely.
- Fights signs of aging – Regular application of rose essential oil will tighten your skin and improve overall health and fitness. It also fights signs of aging such as fine lines, acne and dark spots.
- Makes hair stronger – A diluted version of this oil makes your hair follicles strong by removing the dirt and bacteria that weaken them. You can add a few drops of this oil to your regular hair oils and shampoos to get the same result.
- Room freshener – You can also use rose essential oil as a room freshener by spreading it. This will not only eliminate the foul odor, but also deodorize the air due to its antibacterial properties.
Frequently asked questions about Rose essential oil
What is the INCI of Rose Essential Oil?